Thursday, June 12, 2008

Budding Photographers...through the eyes of a child




Aubrey and Christian have taken an interest in photography lately...and obviously, I couldn't be happier! Alan would die if he knew (I guess now he does) that I gave Aubrey and Christian turns holding my Nikon. They were in control of finding their subjects, telling them how to pose, and shooting the photo. Although many of these photos are rather embarrassing for me, seeing how they wanted Mommy for many of their shots, I am posting them nonetheless. For anyone who has ever used an SLR camera, they can be pretty tricky. I was so proud of them when I saw how well their pictures turned out. Christian liked his pictures best as black and white, so all of his are black and white. I left Aubrey's in color because she took so many outside shots. This was actually quite the eye opener for me. As they were taking the pictures they kept saying, "Mommy, get down", meaning of course, get down to my level. As I was down at their level, I really started seeing things through their eyes.

No comments: